Saturday 2 February 2013

My first official Opening Day for the inquiry


I attended an open day today. I thought this was the best way to get some information from the institutions and after I told and asked Adesole if it was ok to conduct my inquiry in this manner (from my previous post, you all know that institutions were more than shy to conduct an interview with my inquiry). I was hugely disappointed. There wasn't any one from the Performing Arts department and any current students to talk to about their course or to do a mini tour of what the college has to offer.

After travelling a long journey, I thought I might as well get some information. I then was pointed to the direction of three ladies who sat behind desks. When it was my turn to speak to one of the lady, she couldn't answer any questions and just printed off one page of information for me and gave me a prospectus. She then said that I should to a teacher by calling (which by the way she didn't give me any particular name or name).

The whole day was conducted like an interview. I thought an open day was for potential student to have a feel of what the college is like. View the facilities and talk to current students and staff to then make a more thorough decision about if the college or course is really for them. The open day was not even conducted in the campus where the performing arts is taught. If I was a potential I would not want to have stayed at the college.

I will be attending two more opening days this week as well as my workplace having one on Wednesday. I am hoping to get more information from other colleges.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment