Sunday 4 November 2012

Getting reply to interview request

Is it me or is it hard to get a reply (any form of reply) to an interview you have requested.

I first contacted (by phone) all the schools and institutions (colleges) I’ve been interested in, to see if it was possible to have an interview with some of (Performing Arts) their staff and students. The told me it was ok and that I’ll need email conformation and consent forms (for the schools). I did this and email them everything. One professional even gave me the green light but only with emails (I felt uncomfortable with this because it is more like a questionnaire and also this will mean that I will have to refer to the same questions and can’t really manoeuvre) but I agreed and talked to my advisor, Adesola about it. She told me I will have to accommodate to this professional’s wishes and may need a follow up. I tried my best to limit any follow up by re designing the questions. I then emailed her a confirmation email with the questions. I still haven’t had any reply, I did say to her that she can email me her answer till the end of November but I expected a reply to say that she received the email/questions, or she can’t do it or will do it later. I haven’t received anything.

I can’t go to these schools or institutions because I just started a new full time job at a college and my hours are the same hours as these schools/institutions. Plus it is difficult for me to do it before or after work as my travel to work is minimum of one hour (with out the busy period traffic).

I just wanted to know if any one is facing this same situation and what are your solutions. One of mine is that I am going to try local stage schools for the students/parents to see if they will do the interview. With the professionals, I don’t know yet. I’ll try my work to see if the head of Performing Arts/Drama will do the interview. I am really worried since I feel like I am way behind. I really don't want to rush this as this work is due at the beginning of January and is worth about 50% of our overall mark.   

2 comments:

  1. Rhoda obtaining the data you need can sometimes be challenging and sometimes takes a long time to set up. Follow Adesola's advice - but what data do you need for your inquiry? Can you use phone interviews for some aspects of your inquiry? Sometimes stating stating that the interview will only last 15 minutes can help teaching professionals put this time into a busy day. Bw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did all that and even suggest email interview. Nothing seems to work. Now I am attending opening days and trying to see if I can obtain some information from both the colleges and the students.

    ReplyDelete