Monday 12 March 2012

Award Title and Line of Inquiry

After some serious catching up, thought about what I want now and what I will want in the future (I am still at a cross-road), my past work experience and enquiring about the award title with past and present Module 2 BAPP students and Alan. I have decided not to limit myself with the award title because life is very unpredictable and the world of the work place is very unstable (think back to when the credit crunch first happened in 2008 and how many people have lost their jobs and made changes to their lifestyle). I am stuck between two award titles, which;

BA (Hons) Professional Practice in Performing Arts and Management

BA (Hons) Professional Practice in Performing Arts with Management

The reason why I came up with these titles is because as a Professional Actress/Performer for the last 5 years or so, I have managed my own career especially the first four years when I did not have any agents. Also as a freelance performing arts instructor, I also had to manage myself, a class full of children, young people and adults (although not all in the same class). I had the opportunity to run my own 2 weeks summer school with Newham in 2009 where I had to manage both young people in a class and a small staff of 3 and designate roles and responsibility to my staff (I did have the centre manager for support). I set up my own Sunday school at my local church from scratch, where I had to ensure that all the necessary paper work was in place to ensure the safety of the children and myself and my staff. I also did all the advertising and marketing with plenty of research.  

I believe that one of these award titles will serve me well because I would like to start my own business and I believe that having a title/titles like this will not only help to secure funding, clients, and business dealings but it will improve my over all image, profile and marketing. Also if I start my business and it didn’t work out or I decide not to start a business and cease myself employ status, I can enter the work force at quite a high position because I would have the qualification to match my experience.

I would like my inquiry to be about; the strategic marketing tools needed for successful Performing Arts school.

I believe that this is an important inquiry because I know many people whose Performing Arts school/stage school are no longer active because of the credit crunch and I want to inquiry about how I can avoid the pit falls in case there is another credit crunch and how my school can stand above the competition.  

Please let me know what you think about the award titles and my line of inquiry.   

Thank you in advance and I appreciate your comments and thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rhoda, my inquiry is similar, if not, the same as yours. I also believe that this inquiry is very important and will be beneficial for the same reason; many people have not succeed with schools they have built because of lack of the correct marketing and advertising strategies.

    We should have a chat and compare our individual thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure that would be nice. If you are not working before hand, I can meet you at Stratford station next Thursday 22 March 2012. We can discuss it on our way to uni. Let me know if you want to do that? or if you want to discuss it after the session.

    ReplyDelete